Thursday, February 28, 2013

Starting Over! Well, kind of...

It's been so long since I have done any kind blog post. I feel like I need to catch you all up to speed. I'll keep this short and sweet, or try to at least.

I had a blog that I kept up with very regularly. (It is called Primal With Child, you can find the link in the about me section to the right. I'd link it here, but I'm writing this on my phone.) It was completely focused on the primal lifestyle. I became pregnant almost exactly one year ago. There was completely and utter excitement! I was finally having a baby after struggling to conceive and experiencing a miscarriage.
I abandoned healthy eating about the time that morning sickness hit. I had a huge aversion to meat which really started the downward spiral that was my diet.

My daughter was born on November 2, 2012 at a healthy 6 lbs. 7 oz. and 20 inches long. Long story short, I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy from start to finish. I've since lost 30 pounds, but I still have quite away to go.

I have maintained the understanding of what is healthy for me and my family, but after a year I'm finally getting back on track. My daughter is exclusively breastfed and I am determined to continue to give her every chance to live a long and healthy life.

So, here I am. It's 11:30 at night. I'm in bed with my snoring husband and sleeping 4 month old baby and I'm writing my first post on new blog. You can expect to see a little bit of everything from me here. Primarily a lot about natural parenting and cooking, but I'm sure there will be a few things in between. Follow along as I navigate motherhood and raise a family.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.
    I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will eventually
    come back later on. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great job, have a nice
    day!

    Feel free to visit my web blog :: self catering guest houses in south Africa

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips