Thursday, April 25, 2013

Primal Vanilla Coffee Creamer

This is a recipe I tried over a year ago. My husband and I were making the switch to primal eating and he was dead set against letting go of his flavored coffee creamer. I'm happy to say that stuff no longer has a place in our fridge! But at the time I felt like I needed to come up with a substitute for him. The original post can be seen on my Primal With Child blog, but I'll just throw it in this post to make things easier for you. (As if one click is any more difficult, but whatever.)


1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4 tbsp maple syrup (the real stuff!)
1 vanilla bean

Add the milk, cream, and maple syrup to a cool sauce pan. Slice and seed the vanilla bean. Whisk the seeds and bean pod into the milk mixture. Heat over medium low, stirring frequently until steaming. Remove from heat and let cool. Remove the vanilla bean pod and store in a glass container in the refrigerator.

Try this recipe and tweak it to your liking. You could do two vanilla beans or add some vanilla extract for a stronger vanilla flavor. You could also try adding coconut extract instead of vanilla. Play with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips