Wednesday, October 8, 2014

29 Weeks Pregnant

It's been 17 weeks since you have heard from me. That's just a little too long don't you think? I've gotten side tracked by life! That happens, right? Well, here is the long awaited pregnancy update. Keep a look out for another post to see what we've been up to as a family.


I am now 29 weeks pregnant with our second baby. This little one is a GIRL!! Ayla is getting a sister and I'm so thrilled! Her name is Everly Rae. We plan on calling her Evie. 

Overall my pregnancy has been uneventful. Which in the pregnancy world is a good thing. All my labs have come back 100% normal. No gestational diabetes or anemia for me! Woo hoo! Evie is breech, as I expected she would be. I have a bicornuate (heart shaped) uterus that doesn't really give her the space to move into a head down position. My c-section has been scheduled for December 30th, 6 days after my due date. The plan is to try for a VBAC if Evie is head down. If she isn't head down we'll shoot for the December 30th c-section, but if I go into labor before then she'll be delivered via c-section at that point. 

I really want to have a natural birth or at the very least be able to feel what labor is really like. I'm afraid I'll feel like I missed out on something I've always been so passionate about. I want the chance to experience labor at least a little bit. This is one of the main reason I pushed for my scheduled c-section to be after my due date. I'm hoping that I'll go into labor on my own and that this sweet little peanut will be able to come when she is ready.

Along with a breech baby comes all sorts of aches and pains. I have a little head directly under the right side of my ribs at all hours of the day. My poor ribs are bruised underneath and it burns constantly. I get kicks directly in the cervix which literally take my breath away. It's really difficult to bend over, but I'm sure that's the case for any pregnant woman. Those aches and pains aside this really has been a fairly easy pregnancy. I'm trying my best to savor it completely. My husband and I don't plan on having more children so this could very well be the last time I'm ever pregnant. As it would for a lot of women that makes me just a tiny bit sad. However, I've have been lucky enough to bring the goofiest little girl into the world and I'm currently carrying another little lady that I can't wait to meet. If two children is all I have that's more than enough love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips