Sunday, March 8, 2015

Being a Momma of Two


I've neglected this blog for a number of reasons. I've taken on other ventures such as starting my own business through direct sales. (I sell Younique naturally based cosmetics and skincare! Here's my shameless website plug: www.3dmascarabyashley.com!) My husband and I are currently looking into getting a new house with more property. But the biggest of all these new things in my life is that I had my second baby a couple months ago. I currently have two children. One that's 2 and a half years old and another that's 2 and a half months old.

A day in the life of me is tiring and busy, although I never seem to actually get anything done. Being a mother of two beautiful girls has its rewards, but it's also the hardest thing I've ever done. It's definitely not rainbows and butterflies, unless that happens to be what they're wearing one day. I'm pretty sure I just went 3 days without showering. I hardly ever have clean clothes for myself. I've washed the same load of laundry about 2 or 3 times without ever removing it from the washing machine. I swear that mildew smell sets in way too fast! My hair has a permanent pony tail bump. I have enough time when we get up in the morning to brew some coffee and put the kettle on for the toddler's oatmeal before the baby starts crying because she's hungry and then wants to fall asleep again. And I'm pretty sure my sex life would need a defibrillator to even detect the faintest pulse.

Having two kids is no joke and anyone that tells you different is lying to you. I applaud mommas that have more! Although there is no extra time for anything else except rearing children, we have finally achieved a good rhythm and our house is settling into its new normal. That new normal is pretty great! :) And I hope I can find at least a little time to share it here.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips